Wednesday, October 9, 2013

chocolate chip cookies- enough to share!

It's never the wrong time for cookies:

So, I was writing my "thank you notes" and my aunt had given me a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond. You know, that store that you go into and they try to get you to buy everything you never knew you needed? They're super friendly, don't get me wrong... but no! I don't want to buy the item of the day at the cash register... just let me buy my over priced juicer. Anyway, so I was writing my thank you's and I had mentioned I was going to buy a mixer with her gift card. THEN, she sent me her famous chocolate chip cookie recipe! They're so good,  she used to sell them! You've all been waiting patiently... So here they are!

Ingredients: 
- 1 C Butter
- 1 C Peanut Butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla 

-- 2 1/2 C Flour
-- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
-- 1/2 Tsp Salt

--- 12 oz. semi- sweet chocolate chips (Hershey's) 
--- 12 oz. semi- sweet chocolate chips (Nestle) 


With a mixer (my first time using my beautiful Kitchen Aid!!!) Blend together the first section (-).



In a separate bowl, blend together your dry ingredients (--). Then combine the two.



Finally, mix in your chocolate chips.


Use an ice cream scoop to pack your cookie dough. 


Even Captain wanted to help... Notice him licking his lips? 

Place in oven for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees. However, once they started to become golden, I'd take them out. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for about 3 min. Then, transfer them onto a wire drying rack.
These make a large amount of cookies. Too many for Matt and I to eat, so we froze some of our dough! And, the dough tastes much more like peanut butter than the baked cookie does!

Enjoy!! 
Xx,
Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment