Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Golden Milk


Why has it taken me so long to discover turmeric? I'm not sure, but I'm glad I've finally found it. If you haven't eaten turmeric (chances are you have and you don't know it. It provides the yellow tint in curry), or haven't heard of turmeric... you can do your homework here. This anti-inflammatory spice is basically the super root and your body will thank you for consuming it. 
You can put it in just about anything to get all the health benefits (stir fry, rice dishes, meat, juice, teas). Lately, I've enjoyed using it in a drink called Golden Milk. Golden Milk is an Ayurvedic drink that's a great for bedtime because it helps digestion and create a peaceful slumber (turmeric can also help with insomnia).  
Ingredients: 
- 1 Cup Milk (I use whole cow's milk, 
but you can substitute it for any type) 
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon 
- Honey to taste 
Directions
Bring the milk to a soft boil
Stir in turmeric and cinnamon 
Place honey in your teacup
Pour golden milk over honey
 
Enjoy!
Xx,
Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment