So, Matt and I juice. A lot. I've decided to start sharing some recipes of
our "go to juices". Honestly, it's only just now that we've started creating
recipes; we usually just toss all the left over veggies/fruit of our fridge into the juicer.
We use a masticating juicer. This type of juicer allows for all of your greens
to be properly juiced. It is also a slower process because it's pressing the
juice out instead of using heat and a blade (as a centrifugal juicer will).
This is a great green juice. It makes 3 cups, enough for two.
- 1 1/2 C Kale
- 1 1/2 C Collard Greens
- 1 C Spinach
- 2 head Broccoli
- 4 large Carrots
- 1 small Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Orange- skin off
- 1 Grapefruit- skin off
- 1 lime- skin on
- With juicing you don't need to take out seeds, skin (unless it's oranges and grapefruit-
you can leave them on but your juice will be very bitter), stems, etc.
- Juice leafy ingredients first and citrus last- the citrus pushes the greens through.
- Clean your juicer asap after.
- If you have a masticating juicer you can leave the juice in the fridge for about
30 hours. We juice at night and then grab it for breakfast the next morning.
If you have a centrifugal juicer, drink immediately.
- We use a strainer (provided with our juicer) to prevent excess foam and pulp.
- Don't know what to do with your pulp???? Try making veggie stalk, putting it in
breads, or composting!